Quantcast

Increasing memory of a virtual machine?

John Eikenberry
Hey all,

I'm starting to use pyvmomi to script some tasks we've previously relied on
vsphere for and am having trouble getting started. My first task is for adding
memory to an existing VM which was  previously done using the GUI as documented
in the first method on the knowledge base page [1]. I didn't see anything
related in the community samples and the reference docs are of limited help at
this point. I'd appreciate any tips or pointers to documentation.

Thanks.

[1] http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1004059
under "Workstation / ACE Manager / VMware Server / GSX / Player 3.x and above"

--

John Eikenberry
[ [hidden email] - http://zhar.net ]

vee

Re: Increasing memory of a virtual machine?

vee
i guess this is what you are looking for https://github.com/vmware/pyvmomi/blob/master/docs/vim/vm/ConfigSpec.rst

i haven't tried it, but apparently it is what you are looking for.