Performance data on disks that are mounted with RDM

Performance data on disks that are mounted with RDM

Ariel
Hi,

I am trying to collect performance data on RDMs.

We are trying to  get performance data about disks that are mounted with RDM and so are not part of a datastore.

We see the RDM disks from vm porperty layoutEx.file, type 'diskExtent' we can see the name and the size by the name we know its an rdm

And we see the VMDK performance data for disks using counters virtualDisk.read, virtualDisk.write, etc. However, the disk identification is in the form “scsi2:5” (scsiN:M). This is done through iteration on the performance results and getting the id through “stat.Id.get_element_instance()”

The question is, how do you link the two together?

Help is greatly appreciated