how can I find out the attribute to list out vmware tool version of each VM ?

how can I find out the attribute to list out vmware tool version of each VM ?

T.J. Yang
Hello,
I am able to see all VMs basic info from this example script.
 https://github.com/vmware/pyvmomi/blob/master/sample/getallvms.py#L74

 Question is how can I find out the attribute to list out vmware tool version of each VM ?

 I looked at this https://github.com/vmware/pyvmomi/blob/master/docs/vim/vm/Summary/ConfigSummary.rst

It doesn't have vmtool version attribute.

Re: how can I find out the attribute to list out vmware tool version of each VM ?

T.J. Yang
I was not doing enough homework. There is an example in samples directory.

$ ./list_vmwaretools_status.py  -s vc01 -u domain\\myaccount  -p mypasswd  -n vm01
Searching for VM vm01
Name        Status                         Version                        Version Status
vm01        guestToolsRunning    2147483647                  guestToolsUnmanaged
$