Quantcast

how do i gather ESXi host VMK traffic flags

how do i gather ESXi host VMK traffic flags

david502
Hey,

I am looking to pull the below details for each VMK, these are on distributed virtual switches which makes life a lot harder. I have most of the details mapped however still looking for the traffic flags as shown below.

The details i need are:
VMK id: esxi.config.network.vnic[].net.device
network Label: can be derived from below portgroupkey
vDS: esxi.config.network.vnic[].spec.distributedVirtualPort.portgroupKey
Ip Address: esxi.config.network.vnic[].net.spec.ipAddress
vMotion traffic Enabled:
Management Traffic Enabled:
FT Logging Enabled:

And then from the vDS the uplinks
network: proxySwitch[].dvsName
Uplink: proxySwitch[].pnic

Can anyone point me in the right direction? or provide a cleaner way of gathering these details?

Thank you

Re: how do i gather ESXi host VMK traffic flags

david502
Found it!

There is a bit of gymnastics involved to match traffic flags with vmk, but essentially "esx.config.virtualNicManagerInfo.netConfig" holds a list of with each  "nicType":string and "selectedVnic":string[] that is assigned to it...

To marry this data up, i ended up looping threw each of the nicTypes to see if the current VMK i was gathering data about was listed in "selectedVnic":string[] and then assigning it the flag name in "nicType":string.

note, in each nicType it also holds a a list of possible "CandidateVnic" which holds all the data you can generate from esxi.config.network.vnic[]... this could be me miss-understanding the hierarchy in the network stack here... but it seems odd.

Let me know if anyone knows a cleaner way or wants this explained better